Halyk Bank and Ministry of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan signed a Memorandum of Cooperation and came to an agreement to join efforts in expanding mutually beneficial cooperation within socially relevant projects. The Memorandum of Mutual Cooperation that contains the agreements reached was signed by Ms. Bibigul Assylova, Vice-Minister of Education and Science of the Republic of Kazakhstan, and Mr. Zhumabek Mamutov, Deputy Chairman of the Management Board of JSC Halyk Bank.
Given the importance of education and social projects development, as well as the Bank's ability to support technical development initiatives with developed online and offline infrastructure, the parties have agreed under the Memorandum to put an emphasis on the provision of high-tech services, including banking services, to citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan, within the areas as follows:
1) development of a technology mechanism for payment of scholarships and other benefits stipulated by educational legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan, as well as for maintenance of a unified social register of benefits and recipients thereof;
2) provision of the required services and products, including card products, online services, loyalty programs, savings and special online installment programs, to ensure the availability of educational services for the population;
3) cooperation in terms of payment for education through QR payments, HALYK HOMEBANK – popular mobile application, and other electronic payment systems of the Bank;
4) development of products for students and schoolchildren that support transport payments, integration with educational institutions pass entry systems to track attendance, technological payment methods, including Apple Pay/Samsung Pay/QR payments, keychains, bracelets;
5) implementation of joint projects to improve financial literacy of the population (educational programs to give notice about available options of banking services).
Mr. Zhumabek Mamutov, Deputy Chairman of the Management Board of JSC Halyk Bank, noted: “Science and education are among the most important areas of Halyk Bank activity. Therefore, being the largest bank in Central Asia that takes care of the young generation, we intend to expand our presence in this segment, through providing a full range of services and products available and satisfying the needs of the sector employees.”
PR Service of JSC Halyk Bank